Flavor Without the Labor
Create the authentic experience of house-made flavor, without the labor.
Our Labor-Saving Ingredients Help Operators Like You
Reduce the costly prep time of labor-intensive ingredients and dishes.
Add unique flavor across your menu using a single SKU.
Excite your guests with the international flavors they crave.
Reduce BOH injuries by removing knives from unskilled workers.
Discover labor-saving solutions and 20 on-trend menu ideas.
In this Versatility Menu Guide, we show you how to add unique global flavor across 20 menu items with four versatile ingredients.
- 20 Chef-Created Menu Concepts
- Foodservice Trend Insights
- U.S. Consumer Data
- Bonus: Culinary Tips from Chef Scott Adair
Flavor isn’t just what we do, it’s who we are.
SupHerb Farms® supplies IQF Herbs, Frozen Specialty Vegetables and cold-processed, globally inspired Culinary Blends, Culinary Pastes & Culinary Sauces to foodservice operations, grocery retailers and best-in-class food brands who are passionate about sourcing farm fresh flavor.
IQF Herbs: Free-flowing, individually quick-frozen herbs with consistent flavor, color & particle size and available year-round.
Frozen Specialty Vegetables: Flavorful, time-saving specialty vegetables available in a variety of IQF cut sizes and in frozen purée format.
Culinary Blends: Fully-prepped, frozen blends of SupHerb Farms IQF Herbs and IQF Specialty Vegetables.
Culinary Pastes: Bold, authentic speed-scratch pastes made with SupHerb Farms IQF Herbs and Frozen Specialty Vegetables.
Culinary Sauces: Ready-to-use sauces in on-trend flavors developed with SupHerb Farms IQF Herbs and Frozen Specialty Vegetables.
Our herbs are grown locally using proprietary herb varietals and we contract with the most experienced and professional farmers in five different counties in California.
Spotlight Grower: Underwood Ranches is a family owned farm that goes back to the 1860’s. For the past 30 years, Chief Operating Officer Jim Roberts (left) has helped the Underwood Family with daily management of all aspects of the farming operation. Even though it is challenging, Jim loves agriculture. The challenge of trying to organize the chaos that mother nature throws at him and still having a successful harvest is what brings him back every day. Learn more on our “Meet Our Growers” page.
Any product that carries the SupHerb Farms name meets our stringent quality standards and supports the community we source from, so you can rest assured that what you are getting is an ethically farmed and sourced ingredient.
We only source from well-established global suppliers that must continuously pass our rigorous qualification programs. Each lot of every item we receive from an outside source is thoroughly tested by certified laboratories and must pass a number of strict chemical, physical and microbiological tests prior to being accepted by SupHerb Farms. Go to our responsible sourcing page to learn more.
We firmly believe that by balancing environmental stewardship, social responsibility and economic prosperity we sustain and improve the health of our planet, the viability of our business, and the quality of life for our communities, future generations and ourselves.
- Our People: At SupHerb Farms, people are our greatest asset. We provide a supportive atmosphere where our employees feel challenged, rewarded, and prepared for future changes in our business. In support of this, we are audited by SEDEX SMETA which ensures that we and our suppliers are adhering to international standards for labor, health & safety the environment and business ethics.
- Our Community: We continue to take an active role in our community and support our employees in their community efforts through charitable giving.
- Raw Materials: We continue to strive for a healthy future through regenerative agriculture and responsible stewardship of our natural resources.
- Processing: We take our sustainability initiatives further into our manufacturing facility by recycling; monitoring water and energy usage and plan for annual reductions per finished pounds produced; and continuing to invest in proven energy conservation methods, equipment, building design and processes.
- Food Safety: SupHerb Farms has consistently offered high quality, safe food products for 30 years. We accomplish this by ensuring SupHerb Farms products are natural and fully traceable from our fields to your warehouse; verifying all products are Quality Assurance tested with a COA provided; and utilizing a “positive release” program to ensure that our products are safe to eat and ready to use in your application.
- Supply Partners: We ensure through regular physical audits and adherence to SEDEX requirements that our supply partners comply with all applicable laws of their countries that relate to employment, discrimination, health and safety, food safety and the environment. SupHerb Farms has worked with the same supply partners for many years, and we regularly conduct physical audits of their facilities to ensure they adhere to our high level of business standards and practices.
We follow strict processes that begin in our fields, continue during processing and packaging, through offsite warehousing and shipment to you. Every ingredient we put our name on is of the highest quality, safe for consumption, free from adulteration and meets all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Our farms are PrimusGFS Certified – Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) benchmarked and fully recognized audit Certification Program covering both Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) scopes, as well as Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS)
- Our facility is SQF Certified for Food Safety Code for Manufacturing Edition 8.1
- Published GMP and HACCP Plans
- Our facility has a robust Environmental Swabbing program that includes Listeria and Salmonella
- Complete sanitation and inspection program prior to line start-up
- Every lot number tested for Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes
- Positive release program – all pathogen results are verified prior to release to the market
What is IQF?
IQF (Individual Quick-Freezing) is a lightning-fast freezing method that prevents large ice crystals from forming on your herbs and vegetables, securing the integrity and nutritional quality of our products. Each piece is individually frozen, so the particles do not clump together, which helps to avoid a frozen solid block as the final product.
What makes IQF better than fresh?
It all comes down to consistency and flavor. Using IQF products ensures 100% yield, flavor consistency, cut size, year-round availability, pricing, and labor savings. Fresh herbs lose nutritional value after 48 hours, and this often occurs during travel to market. IQF locks in nutritional value and flavor during freezing, ensuring a long shelf life.
How do SupHerb Farms products get from field to factory?
Our process is simple. Harvested at peak ripeness, our herbs and vegetables are transported to our plant where they are offloaded, cleaned, washed, frozen, and packaged for nationwide distribution (with only the choice parts of the herbs and vegetables making their way into the package). This all occurs within hours of harvest, ensuring peak freshness and year-round availability for our herbs and specialty vegetables.
What is the shelf life of your products?
SupHerb Farms products have a minimum of 2 years frozen shelf life, depending on the product. Refrigerated shelf life (pastes/purées only) can be viewed on individual product data sheets.
Do your products need to be shipped frozen?
Yes, our products require frozen transportation.
How do I order your products?