Black Garlic Ice Cream Sundae
- 2 cups Whole milk
- 1 2/3 cups 35% Heavy cream, divided
- 4 Egg yolks
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp SupHerb Farms Black Garlic Purée
- 3/4 cup Unfrosted brownies, chopped
- 3 oz Dark chocolate (70%), finely chopped
- 4 tsp Unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- 3/4 cup Toasted hazelnuts, chopped
Ice Cream Preparation
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and 1 cup cream over medium heat just until steaming.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks with sugar until pale in color. Stir in vanilla.
- Gradually whisk steeped cream mixture into egg yolk mixture. Whisk in black garlic. Pour back into saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 7 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened and mixture coats back of a spoon.
- Strain and refrigerate until cooled completely.
- Process in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Brownie Crumble Preparation
- Preheat oven to 325˚F. Bake brownies on parchment paper-lined baking sheet for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted. Cool completely.
- Add to a food processor and pulse until finely ground into crumbs; cool completely.
- Place dark chocolate, butter and salt in a heatproof bowl. Heat remaining 2/3 cup cream, stirring occasionally, in small saucepan set over medium heat until steaming and just comes to a simmer. Pour over chopped chocolate. Let stand for 1 minute. Whisk until chocolate is smooth.
For each serving, plate 1/2 cup ice cream with 2 tbsp brownie crumble, 3 tbsp ganache, and 2 tbsp chopped hazelnuts.
Substitute hazelnuts with almonds or walnuts.